I am Alima was born in 2011 out of a desire to educate Muslim women in a fun and stimulating way and inspire them to become leaders across their communities.
In the 3 years since its founding, we have achieved far beyond what we had envisaged. Some of our successes:
- In 2011 we held our first seminar at the University of Birmingham, entitled ‘Characteristics of the Righteous’ which was attended by 120+ young Muslim women;
- In 2012 we released our first printed publication – Du’as of the Superstars – which focused on the formulae for success and how we can use the du’as to achieve our goals and dreams;
- In the same year and the next, we held a series of workshops entitled ‘The Heroine Rises’ in association with FOSIS which took place at 11 universities;
- In total, we held 6 online conferences with a collective audience of over 9000 attendees worldwide;
- And overall, we conducted over 70 workshops across the United Kingdom.
Alhamdulillah what an adventure it has been! Unfortunately, we came to the realisation that we were not able to sustain the progress that we had been making due to our current priorities. It has therefore been decided that I am Alima will be put on hold while we reorganise and decide the direction we should take I am Alima and how better we can serve our fellow Muslim sisters.
To avoid confusing our new visitors, we’ve moved over our articles and thoughts to this new website which will inshaAllah continue to benefit readers.
Thank you for all the support we have received. Rest assured, we will return!